5 ways to keep up with Costa Rican news
We just got a subscription to the Tico Times, a popular English weekly newspaper in Costa Rica. Being aware of what’s going on in our prospective home is important. Our scouting trip was successful because we learned as much as we could, and had a good grasp of what to expect – the good and the bad. The grass isn’t perfectly greener, and being realistic helps. I’ve used a number of resources to learn about Costa Rica and to become aware of the important issues.
- The Tico Times – A weekly English language newspaper with a nice pdf option for overseas subscribers.
- A.M Costa Rica – A daily English news source (ignore the horrible design).
- La Nacion – Costa Rica’s main Spanish newspaper. My Spanish is not nearly good enough to read it, so I use Google Translate for now.
- Costa Rica Living – This is a Yahoo group that I joined nearly 3 years ago. Learning from others’ collective experience is great – especially when they have enlightening perspectives on news.
- Inside Costa Rica – Another English news resource.